Monday, March 22, 2010

interjection - Ponyo

Just had to write a little interjection here, as I watched Ponyo today, for the first time. (so yes, this blog has nothing to do with my 100 Project. apologies)
Hubby & I had been wanting to see it for ages, and the day we went to the art cinema (our anniversary!) it was sold out. boo.
So finally we got around to it.
I HEART MIYAZAKI!!!!
Nothing will beat the first time seeing Spirited Away, of course, but I was still incredibly delighted (enchanted perhaps) by this lovely film. Ponyo is so loveable & hilarious - as a goldfish she reminded my partner and I of our little chubby son. :)

the colour palette, the music, the story, the pure magic of it all - what is not to love about Miyazaki's film?!

and Ponyo, we all want a little ham, my dear.

xoxo
5/5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Kerrie is a huge Miyazaki fan, so we went to see Ponyo when it came out. I liked it, but I think my favourite is Nausicaa. I still haven't seen Princess Mononoke, so I might change my mind.

    ReplyDelete