Friday, April 30, 2010

Jules et Jim (1961) - Francois Truffaut


Coming in at number 33 on the list...

Loved loved loved this!
Been wanting to watch Jules & Jim for years, ever since studying Truffaut with 'The 400 Blows' in film class. It was everything I expected & hoped for.
And I wasn't the only one loving French films - little baby Felix was awestruck with it for some reason. I think he liked the soothing male french accents. ;)

I am at a loss for what to say specifically about this lovely film. I finished it yesterday but alas I have forgotten (baby brain!) all the highlights I wanted to mention.
It's enchanting, poetic, fun, serious. Catherine -is she the ultimate psycho crazy chick or what.Jesus. Talk about a nutter.
Jules & Jim, endearing and likeable for different reasons. The film captures pre and post WWI in such distinct lights. I like the use of third person voiceover narration.

Definitely a 5 out of 5 monkeys

No comments:

Post a Comment